Saturday, 22 September 2012

Münsterplatz 20

At the very back of the Rollerhof restaurant courtyard

Rittergasse 19


Münsterplatz 12

Hidden behind many buildings; can be seen by access from Rittergasse, go past this fountain to the rear of the building and it on the other side of the fence.
Probably can be accessed from Münsterberg.

Rittergasse 4-10

More Information
Location: Basel-City Building Department, Rittergasse 4 (walk through a gate> against a gym <)
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: Unspecified
listed: no History / Description: The trough is decorated with a scalloped pattern with rings attached. The fountain column below is decorated with a mask, sticking out two water spouts. On the capital is an urn, which is draped with pile fabric. Based on the stone can be assumed that this fountain must be more than a hundred years old.
Special: In the courtyard you can see under the glass pyramids archaeological finds old Basel city wall.



Schlüsselberg 13



Schlüsselberg

More Information
Location: Courtyard by Schoolhouse "mosquito", Münsterplatz 18 (Access via Restaurant "Isaac"> Münsterplatz 16 / entrance through a wooden door or via Schluesselberg 14 / go through a gate)
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: Unspecified
listed: no 
History / Description: The fountain of stone leans against the "house for mosquitoes." It has a water spout, a rectangular trough and a Sudeltrog, into which the content of the main trough overflows.
Special: Today the school is a further education school. Before that, here, the Humanist school was housed.

Augustinergasse 1

More Information
Location: Augustinergasse 1 / Rheinsprung (near the Natural History Museum)
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: 1837 (Brunn Stock) / since 1846 at this place
listed: Yes, since 1915
History / Description: 1468 already shows a "Augustinergasse wells" in the files. This was in 1530 decorated with a fountain column including Basilisk, which looks down on the Basel-sign. His name was "Old Augustinians Well" in 1846 and replaced by the present "Augustinian fountain". The original column of the well is in the History Museum. The well has a rectangular trough. The dark red column, from a water spout stands is decorated with cherubs.
Special features: The Augustinians were a Catholic religious order, the end of the 13th Century lived in Basel.



Martinsgasse 5

More Information
Location: between 1 and 3 Martinsgasse / label: "Blue House" / (walk through a gate)
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: Unspecified
listed: no History / Description: The water trough has an oval shape and the fountain column is crowned with a ball. The Obelisk Fountain is located in the courtyard of the "Blue House". This was created from 1762 to 1771 and 1814 had it lodges even the Austrian Emperor Franz. The well is overgrown with water lilies in the summer which the goldfish provides shade.
Special: The fountain can be visited only on weekdays during the day.

Martinsgasse 1


More Information
Location: Martinsgasse 1 / Department of Justice (walk through a gate) 
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: Unspecified
listed: no 
History / Description: The ornate fountain column with a mask, from a water spout projects, there is a bust. The corners of the trough are completely decorated beautifully rounded. The "courtyard fountain" is located in the courtyard of the Justice Department. In many wells live goldfish, which are destined to enjoy this quiet place well. 
Special: The fountain can be visited only on weekdays during the day.

Friday, 21 September 2012

Martinsgasse 13

More Information
Location: Martin Street (walk through a gate) 13
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: Unspecified
listed: no
History / Description: The fountain column, from a water spout projectsstands behind the bowl-shaped basins. The fountain is beautifully nestled in the gardens and in this idyllic courtyard a dominant position. Here you can enjoy the splashing of the fountain to the fullest and find yourself mentally at a mountain stream.The Particular fountain can only be visited in the day

Martinskirchplatz

More Information
Location: Martinskirchplatz
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: 1546/47 (figure) / 1899 (fountain)
listed: no
History / Description: In the person of the figure see many people Henman Sevogel. Sevogel was the leader of the Basel team at the "Battle of St. James' in 1444. He is equipped with a sword, a dagger, a Basel shield and a halberd. The column with the character located at this place since 1899. Since his transfer, the figure already underwent four new paint schemes. The water trough is located next to a hexagonal Sudeltröglein.
Special: From the courtyard, you have the opportunity to come to almost "curve-less" way, either to Schifflände, the market place or on the Cathedral Square.

Sunday, 9 September 2012

Vogelsangstrasse



Wettsteinallee

More Information
Location: corner Wettsteinallee / Schwörstadterstrasse (besides Roche Porte)
Artist: Willy Walther In operation since: 1962 / (since 1966 at this location)
listed: no
History / Description: Just two meters the pear-shaped stone stock is high. Below holds a stag beetle. The Glass-man stands on a sloping standing surface on pine branches and pine cones and supports his huge pipe with the right hand. Because of the strong wind, which blows up there, he has to hold on tight. Under the right elbow looks out a squirrel. They are characters from a fairy tale by Wilhelm Hauff: A young Köhler, who is unhappy with his fate turns in mysterious pine wood for help to the Glass-man. To come up with the Glass-man contact, he had to recite the following Zaubersprüchlein: "Treasurer in the green pine forest - you been much a hundred years old - Yours is all land where fir stand - Lets you see only on Sundays children..." The Glass-man first appeared in the form of a squirrel, but a short time later to be transformed into the Glass-man. It granted the Köhler three wishes for the Köhler were nearly fatal.
Special: The Glass-man likes it here near the Black Forest Avenue, because it lives in the Black Forest.



Peter Rot-Strasse

More Information
Location: corner of Peter Street Red / Chrischonastrasse
Artist: Franz Wild
In operation since: 1936
listed: no
History / Description: The stone sculpture called "dolphin with a trident." The Gargoyle is attached to the column, on the top of which sculpture stands. The water trough is decorated with round and uniform patterns.
Special: Next to the fountain is a small park inviting you to linger.


Saturday, 8 September 2012

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Riehenstrasse (Pedagogical Institute)



Sporthalle Sandgruben



More Information