Comments: Dated 1846
Location: Corner of Barfüsserplatz / Streitgasse
Artist: Carl Gutknecht, 1914 (first Nachhauung) / Ludwig Stocker 1982 (second Nachhauung)
in operation since 1530 (figure) / 1846 (wells)
listed building: Yes, since 1915
History / Description: As early as 1380 mentioned in this place of "Steblins Fountain". This well-made of wood was replaced in 1530 by a new stone with the figure group "Samson and Delilah" provided. In 1846 the water trough was completed today. In 1914 the sculpture was modeled by Carl Gutknecht, because the original was released into the Historical Museum. Only since 1936, the fountain at its current location. The presentation of the figures goes back to the story of Samson and Delilah, which is recorded in the Old Testament. This is Delilah, who cut off by cunning and money, the sleeping Samson's hair, and deprives him of his great physical strength.
Special: On the Barfüsserplatz held various markets.