History / Description: Christoph Merian Ehinger erected the fountain in 1813 in his backyard at Nadelberg 6/8. The "CE" is thus the abbreviation of his name. In 1873 the music school was established in these properties. 1903 the music school moved, today is becoming the Academy of Music, to its present location, Leonhardsstrasse 6. With the move and the fountain went right over to the new property. The trough was renewed, but the name plate is still the same.