Saturday, 17 November 2012
Location: corner Gellertstrasse / Hirzbodenweg
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: 1865
History / Description: The Swan cast iron stands with outstretched wings on the edge of the fountain. The trough, which was made of limestone, vase-shaped. Until the reorganization of the system in 1897, turned their backs on the two swans. The original concept was abandoned with the redesign and since then can "throw glances" the swans.
Special: In Basel there are three wells, "Swan Fountain" are called (Fountain leader references: 113/115). In the Reference 113 is a "partner well", which is identical to that well.