Location: Augustinergasse 1 / Rheinsprung (near the Natural History Museum)
Artist / in: not available
In operation since: 1837 (Brunn Stock) / since 1846 at this place
listed: Yes, since 1915
History / Description: 1468 already shows a "Augustinergasse wells" in the files. This was in 1530 decorated with a fountain column including Basilisk, which looks down on the Basel-sign. His name was "Old Augustinians Well" in 1846 and replaced by the present "Augustinian fountain". The original column of the well is in the History Museum. The well has a rectangular trough. The dark red column, from a water spout stands is decorated with cherubs.
Special features: The Augustinians were a Catholic religious order, the end of the 13th Century lived in Basel.