Comments: Dated 1866. Next to a wall mounted sundial
Artist: Urs Bargetzi
In operation since: 1866
History / History: From the octagonal fountain pillar stands a gargoyle. The fountain and its contents to overflow into the Sudeltrog is also octagonal. The fountain is named after the house, "the Mount of Olives," the presbytery to which he leans. He is now in place since 1866 and has also been renovated several times.
Special: This is an ideal starting point for a walk in the old town of Basel.