History / Description: At the bottom of the fountain column has four niches that are occupied with music-making figures. In the middle crouching figures are attached. The column is surmounted by a lion, the emblem of the "Society for the Rebhaus" held in his paws. For this reason, the fountain is now called "Rebhaus Fountain". Before this in 1863 moved to its current location, the lion held the "Basel shield" in his paws. The original figure was released in 1883 to the Historical Museum. The first nachgehauene lion in 1900 and the second in 1968 destroyed by acts of vandalism.
Special: In the Renaissance period (1350 - 1600) armed representatives of the City or a guild or sometimes heraldic animals were on the well heads.